- Acid rain
- Damage of film caused by bird droppings
- Car wash Scratches
- Color Fade with time
- Stone chips
- Tar spots
- Water spotting
- Adhesion Problems
- Dirt and dust in basecoat
- Dirt and dust in Clear Coat
- Edge Appearance
- Wrinkling of top coats
- Loss of Gloss on Clear Coats
- Moisture blisters
- Orange peel
- Pinholes in polyester affecting the final coat
- Solvent popping
- Water stains
- Sanding scratches appear on topcoat
- Silver halo effect during basecoat application
- Poor Adhesion – POLYESTERS
- Poor opacity of basecoats/topcoats
- Clear/ Topcoat runs
- Small black spots on basecoat (also known as salt and pepper effect)
- Poor adhesion on plastic parts
OriginExtreme basecoat coat thickness.
Not enough flash off time between intermediate and final coats.
Incorrect mixing ration of clearcoat and hardener.
Use of not recommended hardeners/thinners.
Total paint system is too fast.
AvoidanceAlways apply the basecoat film according to technical sheet.
Use intermediate and final flash off times as recommended.
Use the correct clearcoat/hardener/ thinner products according to technical data sheets.